Great Britain’s love affair with Indian cuisine goes as far back as around
4 chicken thighs and 2 drumsticks, cut to bite-size pieces
1-2 cups unflavored, full-fat
1 tablespoon red
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 small can tomato puree
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine the
yogurt, chili, salt, paprika, turmeric, and garam masala in a bowl and marinadethe chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onions, ginger, and garlic with two tablespoons of peanut- or canola oil until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook.
- Once the chicken is about 3/4 of the way done, add the marinade and the tomato puree.
- Set the heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Before serving, add the cream.