If you need a cocktail that’s as refreshing as it gets, look no further than a cherry julep. This interpretation takes the already-delicious mint julep and adds the tart flavor of cherries.
2 ounces cherry brandy
2 ounces gin
1 ounce simple syrup
Sparkling or soda water
1 brandy-infused cherry
- A day before making the drink, remove the pits from a handful of cherries and place in a bowl. Add enough brandy to almost cover the cherries. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate.
- Shake the gin, brandy, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Muddle a few mint leaves in a rocks glass.
- Fill it halfway with ice, strain the drink, and top with soda water.
- Garnish with a brandy-infused cherry and a mint sprig.